So excited to announce that I was tagged by the lovely Tyler Belle for the Leibster Award! Thank you so much so the tag, it means a lot to me! My blog is approaching its half birthday soon and I can’t believe I’ve gained over 100 subscribers, 500 twitter friends, and recieved so much support from all of you. I cannot say enough how much I love the blogging community.
WHAT IS THE LEIBSTER AWARD?
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. It’s a nice way to recognize and support up and coming blogs and grow your audience/connections. It is also a way to share more about yourself.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog!
- State 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer their questions about yourself.
- Write your own questions for your nominees.
- Nominate between 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award.
- List the rules on your post.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them for the award.
10 FACTS ABOUT ME!
- I have two cats, Zuko and Toothless. Zuko is named after Zuko the firebending prince in Avatar the Last Airbender and Toothless is named after the very cute dragon in How To Train Your Dragon.
- I like to do puzzles and hang them up when I finish. I currently have three bookish related finished puzzles hanging on the walls as we speak.
- I like to eat peanut butter off of a spoon when I’m feeling really upset and need something comforting.
- I traveled to Europe around age 11/12 with an organization called People to People. Although I don’t remember much, I have some memories that will last a lifetime and photos to look back on.
- I am in the Martial Arts Hall of Fame and was awarded a plaque from my karate instructor when I was about 8 years old.
- I know some basic sign language and hope to become fluent at some point in my life! I was going to minor in ASL in college, but I would’ve added another year and I desperately wanted to be done with school.
- I have major celeb crushes on Ansel Elgort and Bill Skarsgard.
- I have 10 tattoos and got my first one when I was 18!
- I used to LOVE baking! I’d bake for my high school classes all the time, but recently I havent had the time or space to get into it as much as I used to. I’m hoping to get back into baking soon. I know my fiance would loooove that!
- I met my fiance at a clothing store that we worked at together then both got fired because we were dating each other! How rude.
10 QUESTIONS TYLER BELLE ASKED ME
- Who are you? What are your hobbies?
→ Well, as most of my frequent readers know, I LOVE reading. Whenever I get the chance I have a book in my hand. I love taking road trips to new independent book stores and discovering new genres. I also like to go hiking with my family. We haven’t get gone with the baby, but we’re hoping to get out this spring/summer. My fiance and I took alot of hiking trips the first year we were together.
- Has your personality or confidence changed in any way since starting your site?
→ I don’t think that my personality has changed at all. I stay true to who I am and write in my blog the exact way I would speak as if carrying a conversation with someone. I will say that my confidence has definitely improved when it comes to interacting with others. Twitter by far has been the most supportive community for blogging and the way everyone supports each other really makes me feel like I’m a part of something amazing.
- What post of yours are you most proud of and why?
→ Hmmmm, I’m proud of so many! I’m honestly just proud that I took the leap and created my blog in general. I was told countless time from friends and my fiance that I should start a book blog since I was always so passionate about my books and sharing the stories and my opinions, but I felt like nobody would really read what I had to say. After I discovered the bookish commuity and how many others were doing exactly what I wanted to I figured why not! I’m so glad I did! I’ve met so many great people and discovered books/websites/resources that I may not have known about previously!
- What is your biggest fear?
→ If we’re talking things, I’m deathly afraid of centipedes! I have severe panic attacks every single time I see one of those little suckers. If we’re talking life fears, I’d say I’m really afraid of disappointing my family, especially my daughter. I want to make her so happy and I want her to feel loved and accepted no matter what. I just hope that she always feels that coming from her dad and I.
- If you could travel to any place in the world for free, where would you go and why?
→ My fiance and I always talk about traveling to either Ireland or Switzerland. We’re cconstantly tagging each other in those videos on Facebook of those beautiful scenic areas in those countries. One day…
- What is your biggest accomplishment in life?
→ I have a few accomplishments that I’m really proud of. Graduating college with a bachelors degree is definitely one of them! I consider my relationship a huge accomplishment that I’m proud of. My previous relationship wasn’t really healthy and I’m proud to say I met someone who has helped me overcome a lot of things. Then of course, I’m proud of bringing my little chubba chubz into this world!
- What is your greatest challenge in life? How are you overcoming it?
→ These questions are so deep! My greatest challenge I would have to say is motherhood. As a first time mom I didn’t really know what to expect or how hard it could be. Motherhood will always be a challenge, but its worth it. I have tons of support from my fiance and both of our families. I feel very thankful for them because I know some mothers don’t have that kind of support and it can feel really lonely without it.
- If you were given a million dollars, how would you spend it?
→ Books, books, and more BOOKS! I would defiintely buy a house for my family, but make sure theres an extra room for a library for me! I’d definitely pay off all of my student loans, because they suck. Then save what I could for my family’s future.
- What is your favourite movie or tv show?
→ I like The Walking Dead, Into The Badlands, and a few Netflix shows. My favorite movie is definitely Fried Green Tomatos. I once had a cat that I named from Idgy Thredgood!
- Who is your role model?
→ My mom is a huge role model for me. She worked so hard to make me happy and raised me to be a good person. I hope that I can be half the mother to my own children that she was to me. I do have a celeb role model as well, Demi Lovato. Her self confiendence is something I really wish I had.
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Where do you see yourself and your blog in 5 years?
- What are some long term goals you hope to accomplish in your life?
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
- What is your favorite thing to do in order to de-stress?
- Who in your life inspires you the most to be the best that you can be?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- What is something that you absolutely cannot leave your house without?
- What is your favorite type of food?
- What is your favorite animal?